I read an article today that talked about swing voters. The people in the middle of both McCain and Obama that don't know which person to vote for. I for one am one of those people. I must say with less than a month to do before the election, I am a bit worried and coming down to the wire. My GF is pretty much for Obama and I am a republican but lean more in the middle than anything else. I only choose republican so I actually have a voice during the primaries instead of sitting out and not doing anything about my country.
Since I am in the middle and it is a current toss up on who to vote for, I must say that I am going to make a pros and cons list of what I think are each candidates good and bad qualities about them. This will hopefully quell my thoughts on who to vote for and a list to look back on when I get ready to vote.
I am doing my best to not be biased. If you find anything I say to be biased, please speak up. I also ask that you please give me more pros and cons to make up the decision of a middle ground person.
- Healthcare - This is a big topic for me. Health insurance companies today now value a persons life around $100,000. I honestly think when it came down to it and your life was in jeopardy, you would be more than willing to pay more than $100,000 for your life. I would too. I personally cannot be a hypocrite on this topic and only allow my self to be able to afford an operation that is more than $200,000. Health care MUST provide for everyone and NOT allow for a value to be placed on a persons life. This is unfair and unjust. "All Men are created equal, not just the rich." I personally have great health care. I love my health care, but I also believe that if you do not have health care, it should be provided for you. Just like the ability to have an attorney provided for you in a court of law that will help decide if you live or die, you should also have a health care provider without a price of worth.
Obama has spoken freely on this topic that everyone in the world should be provided FREE health care. That's why I agree with him.
- No Smear about financial problems - Currently, John McCain and camp have not brought anything against Barack Obama about his doings in the financial crisis which leads me to believe that Obama did not partake.
- Has not been corrupted - He is young and admirable. Young people are usually most often the least corrupt in politics. I can see that since he is so young, the hounds and dogs of politics have not had the chance yet to corrupt this man - Pure opinion.
- Rev. Jeremiah Wright - Obama has been a member of this church for more than 20 years. He has sat in many of Rev. Sermons and listened to many of the preachers talk. If you view this video or this video of the Rev., you can see that he bashes America and the white people. Martin Luther King Jr. chose to use the words, I will judge the person by "the content of his character, and not by the color of his skin". If this is true, then you cannot compare the Rev. to King. Also, one last brief note. If this wasn't a bad church and it was a good church and spoke true to American values, then why did Obama quit his church?
- Pro-Life - Senator McCain is for life. "Why should a life be taken out of convenience?" It doesn't matter when the soul enters the body. When I was in sex education, we were always told that the sperm takes less then 5 hours to enter the egg. Upon entering is when a new life starts. It doesn't matter about theology, what matters is the fact that life should NOT be taken out of convenience. Lets say I am in a traffic jam and if I see someone kill another person just because they were too slow, that is a taken life out of convenience.
Some will argue that the mother loses all abilities to better her self. Well honestly PROGRAMs should be in place that when young women become pregnant, they still have the ability to continue on with their life without sacrificing the life of a new born.
Some also argue that the president cannot do anything about this topic. I beg to differ, because the president has the ability to pick the new and upcoming Justices of the Supreme Court which allows them to overturn Roe v.s. Wade.
- Education - Education has been a hot topic for decades. People always think throwing money at the system will help it change and over the years, we have hoped for this change. Obama thinks this way about Education. McCain is not. McCain thinks parents should have a choice on where their kid goes to school and also think the money should follow the kid. This allows for schools to either reform or be pushed into garbage. This will then allow for a School system to be shut down and rebooted. Higher new teachers with better equipped ability to teach better. This is a radical move when it comes to education, but when throwing money at a system that doesn't seem to get better doesn't work. I say lets try it a different way.
- Trust - John McCain is a man I can trust. I honestly think I can trust him. He has shown me that I can trust him through his service as a veteran and POW. If you must know what I am talking about, read this and then you decide if you can trust him. Please be advised, this article was put out before he decided to run for President. - The article is fact, but my trust is opinion.
- Keating Economics - John McCain is undoubtedly involved in the Keating Economics which was involved in the saving and loan crisis in the 90's. The video is here. Keating was looting the savings and loans, and McCain does not deny it. After looking through the facts, of the five senators who worked with Keating on non-regulation of savings and loans. John McCain and John Glenn are the only two senators to 're-enlist' in the Senate. Keating tried to de-regulate the economy as with what John McCain says to do now. McCain speaks here that deregulation contributes to the growth of economy, but does it also allow for less oversight which allows for the ability to corrupt? So is deregulation a good thing? Honestly, no. It is not a good thing and hers why. If we had deregulation then there would be no checks and balances in our government which then allows for more corruption. Our fore fathers wanted checks and balances so no ONE MAN would have absolute power. That holds true today for deregulation.
Please feel free to make comments on this post, because it will be something I will also take into account.
If you liked this post, please be sure to subscribe to my RSS Feed.